Hosting Thanksgiving? If you are looking for a bold ‘Primitive Chic’ table setting that will have your guests complimenting more than the mashed potatoes and candied yams, look at this fun idea!
- Lay a burlap runner down your table, then add a tree slice as a charger, a sleek black plate, patterned napkin and gold cutlery!
- I picked up the tree slices at a craft store and the cutlery is plastic (easy clean up but glam to the max!).
- Mason jars make great water glasses; dress them up with a slice of lemon or orange.
- Add black candle holders along the table and few pumpkins and gourds for fall color.
Its the details in your place settings that will have your guests eyeing up your beautiful table!
MAKE YOUR OWN NAPKINS
YOU WILL NEED:
- Six inch branches from outside
- Gold spray paint
- Black ribbon
- Black card stock
- White permanent marker
- Hole puncher
- Fabric from craft store
*I bought little fat quarter bundles in different black and white patterns but you can also choose just one fabric.
- To create the napkins, cut your fabric into 18″ x 21″ pieces.
- Gather branches and cut into six inch pieces; then in a well ventilated area, spray paint them as shown.
- Once dry, tie a black ribbon around the center of each branch.
- Finally, cut the black card stock into name tags, punch a hole in each one and tie it to the ribbon. Add the name of each guest to a tag using a white marker.
- Fold each napkin and place the branch name tag on top!